Wednesday 5 November 2008

PerformancePoint Planning - Impersonate a Contributor during Form Development

It was be absolutely invaluable to have the ability to impersonate a 'contributor' during form development.

Currently, when developing a form, I have 2 sesssions of Excel open - one as me and one as a contributor. This means I need to create a cycle and an assignment also and republish every time I make a change to the form I'm working on. Merely to validate that I am getting 'yellow cells' as expected (which is by no means a sure thang!).

A feature, similar to Analysis Services where I can impersonate a particular user/role would eliminate the need for all that extra effort - republishing, regenerating etc.

If you too would value this functionality, please vote for it at https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=380070&SiteID=181

No comments: