Thursday 13 March 2008

Microsoft 70-556 Exam - MCTS Performance Point

Last week I completed and successfully passed the 70-556 exam - which gives me an MCTS PerformancePoint certification.

The exam was relatively simple - I scored highly in all areas but one. Obviously a weak point there on my part... my success in the other areas was due to a week and a bit of study using the Rational Guides to PerformancePoint (authored by my esteemed colleagues Adrian Downes and Nick Barclay) - the Planning volume and the Monitoring & Analyzing Volume. Much thanks to them!

The exam is strongly skewed towards Planning - only a few questions on Monitoring & Analysing - and the M&A questions were very simple. There are quite a few questions on Business Rules and Configuring Models & Dimensions - and these are complex areas so spend time on them in your study.

If you are doing the exam and using the Rational Guide books, don't ignore the Bonus chapters - you'll need them!

Next up is the 70-445 (MCTS SQL BI) which is much harder... I'm currently spending a lot of time with the Microsoft Training kit. Wish me luck...

No comments: